1. Sue Waters August 27, 2008 at 6:41 pm |

My experience with students (including University) is that have limited knowledge of the web tools at their disposal. Would be interesting to do some background spying prior to the session to see if they do currently use any web tools.

I would also add gmail and gtalk for communication, delicious for social bookmarking and perhaps a virtual classroom for meetings.

2. Gabriela August 28, 2008 at 3:00 am |

Britt,

due to my experience with students I can suggest you to include some “visual” applications like flickr and slideshare (to set up groups and work there) and of course twitter or other microblogging platform.

And perhaps Google Knol will help, too.

3. Andrew Donnelly August 29, 2008 at 3:58 am |

Hi Britt,

Another great collaborative tool is Mikogo, a free screen sharing and web conferencing tool http://www.mikogo.com With Mikogo you can share your screen content in real time with up to 10 other people. Mikogo would be ideal for distance learning and university group projects. It allows a group of students to collaborate together on a uni essay or project when they are unable to meet face-to-face.

Feel free to drop me a line, if you would like to know more about Mikogo and its screen sharing capabilities.

Cheers,

Andrew @ Mikogo
    andrew(at)mikogo.com