1. Virginia Yonkers December 11, 2008 at 4:43 pm |

I just tried to submit a comment referring to the ad found linked to the “wager” on your blog post. I was denied the comment because I used two words that were in the ads. So while I can’t use the words in my comment post (and perhaps this is true with bloggers??), the ads can contain those words.

At risk of having my comment denied again, I can’t give you what the words are. However check out the ad near wager.

2. Jim December 11, 2008 at 8:05 pm |

Brit,

I’m looking at them now, what an eyesore. And while they are supposed to be random, they have been consistent for me on all the Edublogs I read. I’s a shame, an amazing service think that picked the wrong way to ad advertising to free blogs.

3. Ken Allan December 11, 2008 at 11:25 pm |

Kia ora Britt.

Ouch! That bear scat is not what’s wanted!

The question is, what comeback does one get from a free provider? As you know, I’m with Blogger – also a free provider. Since I first started blogging. I’ve often wondered about that provision. The question in my mind has so often been ‘what’s in it for the blog provider?’

I haven’t been able to come up with an answer to that one – and that’s what I wonder about.

What’s in it for the provider?

Sorry I can’t give any answers here.

Catchya later

4. Dennis Harter December 16, 2008 at 8:28 am |

I didn’t like the google ads I saw, but now after reading this…I think I’m out.

Time to host my own.

I echo your thanks and sentiments on the worth of edublogs and the connections that they have afforded me. I get that they work hard and have to make money somehow to pay the bills.

I don’t like that I didn’t know I was working for them to help them to do this.

Thanks for summing it all up in a picture and a great post.