1. Jenny Luca January 20, 2009 at 1:41 pm |

It was an inspirational moment Britt. Glad I got up at 3.30 am to take it in. Good to see you back blogging. You have much to offer. Keep at it.

2. Ken Allan January 20, 2009 at 9:07 pm |

Kia ora Britt

What wonderful use you have put Wordle to on this auspicious occasion. It reflects words that I’d like to see coming through in a speech from a statesman who has humanity in his heart.

I listened to Obama’s, as many millions will have done globally, and was impressed with his humility but surety of statesmanship.

I wish you well to follow him as the Captain of your ship.

Catchya later

3. Virginia Yonkers January 21, 2009 at 10:25 am |

While the speech was inspiring, what impressed me is the change of attitude in the country, especially on the college campuses. My students give me the impression that they have taken part in changing something in this country, something I feel has been lacking over the past 12 years especially.

In the last election (2004), my students’ attitude was one of indifference. They did not really care what happened in the election, nor did they really care what was happening outside of their insuller world. As the President’s speech indicated, more of my students feel that they can have an impact on the world and there is a feeling of empowerment and hope (we’re all in this together). I wonder if the fact that there are both young and old in his administration (his speech writer is only 27), has helped him to reach many who have been indifferent in the past.