1. Vicki Davis October 28, 2009 at 5:15 pm |

Curtis Bonk is on twitter although I had to dig it out of him – I’ll tweet him this post (or maybe email it) — good point on the twitter thing – I also think many people like to connect on facebook as well.

http://twitter.com/travelinedman is his twitter account.

I think this is a great overview and the book certainly does have a lot to ponder. I like the openers and Curtis did do a keynote for this year’s flat classroom project which is a super fast, condensed version of the book – http://flatclassroomproject.ning.com in the featured videos.

Thank you for an excellent overview here.

2. Curt Bonk April 26, 2016 at 12:05 pm |

Hi Britt…Thanks for the review of my 2009 book, The World Is Open (I stumbled on it today while searching for a copy of the book image). That is very kind of you.
    I guess I did not use social media as much when I wrote that book back in 2007 and 2008 as I do now. But if you go to my homepage, you can find a free book, a free MOOC, and 27 free videos on how to teach online. All of my conference talks are posted for the past decade at TrainingShare.com under archived talks, while my free and open access articles are in PublicationShare.com.
    At my personal homepage, you can find a link to my free book, TEC-VARIETY.com and links to the videos and my MOOC on how to teach online (first one that Blackboard did). You can also find a link to my blog and YouTube channel. Note that I am also in Academia.edu (over 30 papers posted) and LinkedIn (many of the same papers posted. I also use Twitter Twitter/Skype: TravelinEdMan
    So, while I may not use Twitter as much as the others that you mention or blog as much, I do try to utilize the participatory technology that I mention. It has gradually built up over time. I will admit, however, that I still am not much of a mobile person though I have a session on it tonight in my emerging learning technologies class tonight. See my free and open course syllabus (the “monster syllabus” which used to be 75 pages of hot links but is now just 45 pages). See my homepage.

3. Curt Bonk April 26, 2016 at 1:40 pm |

I much appreciate your support Britt. That book was a major undertaking (we had to cut half of what I wrote). I hope to follow it up with stories of people whose lives have been changed from online technology and call it “The World is Wide Open.” I just got home from 11 days in New Zealand early this morning and can attest to the world being wide open for learning in the downunder (and elsewhere).