1. Diane Reale January 30, 2013 at 4:07 pm |

Thanks for the summary of this week’s work. The reference to Bullen et al was especially helpful.
    This is my second MOOC, and I’m still wondering if they are here to stay. I’m a fellow Richmonder and glad to have stumbleb onto your blog.

2. ilonkahebels January 30, 2013 at 4:29 pm |

I you can read this I have proven to be “a person”…;-) Thanks for the summary of the first week…saved me some work .. and thanks again for the Prensky-update. I wonder, do man blog more about content and woman about how it is like to be in a Mooc? Anyway..this is mine: http://ilonkahebels.wordpress.com/312-2/

3. Ron Amundson January 30, 2013 at 11:16 pm |

There is no question rockstar lecturers and curricula developers can run circles around the average run of the mill prof. However, a distent rockstar can’t provide the motivation, or the excitement of a given course of study nearly as well as what an even mediocre lecturer can accomplish in person. The other aspect is one of research and greater depth of knowledge in a narrow field, that no rockstar, no matter how well versed could ever accomplish.

4. fran January 31, 2013 at 2:44 am |

Thanks for your post. I was very impressed when you posted 2 articles debunking prensky and the digital natives/immigrant divide on facebook. Glad you have made your blog available to the mooc community.
    Heres my mooc blog if you have the time to have a look

5. Laurie Niestrath February 2, 2013 at 7:36 pm |

You tickle me, Britt! Hope that you have lots of interaction from those in cyberspace. I was pleased to see that your comments about natives and immigrants generated some discussion on FB. I’ll continue to carry the torch as we prepare to revive this mislead and confused about residents and visitors!