1. Bud Deihl October 9, 2013 at 2:12 pm |

One of the statements that really stands out for me in this post is the reference to Anderson University’s implementation of a campus-wide iPad initiative. “They saw their initiative not as a technology initiative but as a learning initiative…looking to change practices for faculty and students. The tablets open up new possibilities for classroom instruction, but faculty have to rethink class policies about use of iPads in class”. I’d like to expand that include consideration of what learners do with iPads and other mobile devices at any time, in any location and how that relates to “classroom” learning and learning in general. The focus on a learning initiative really excites me and gets to the heart of what these relatively new portable devices can do, be, and what they might lead us toward as teachers, learners, creators, community members, etc. … the list can go on and on.

Tablet, ChromeBooks and other portable devices are not laptops. I’ve finally come to understand this mantra from my good friends @bwatwood and @jeffnugent and I’ve recently posted about this in my own blog: “Coming to Grips with Google ChromeBook” http://exploratorylearner.blogspot.com/2013/08/coming-to-grips-with-google-chromebook.html

Thanks for a great summary of your conference experience and for the links to valuable resources.

Bud

2. JourneyGirl12 October 11, 2013 at 8:30 am |

I really enjoyed your post! I remember last weekend how my Twitter acct “lit up” chirping it’s way through your running commentary of conference. My daughter and I enjoyed checking out some of the Apps you mentioned. 🙂