1. Caitlin June 12, 2014 at 8:32 am |

Whoa, 3D printer! I really want to learn how to use one of those. If you need a grad student guinea pig, OOH OOH PICK ME. I’m super excited about our class and I’ve gotten a jump-start on the blog and library reading. Sometimes I start reading and suddenly I have thirty tabs open and I don’t remember the progression from how I got from Point A to Point Zoltan 64-9. I’m hoping getting more familiar with Diigo or something will help. I tend to post snippets to a tumblr blog I keep, because Tumblr has a handy-dandy toolbar add-on button that allows me to immediately share what I’m reading, effectively bookmarking whatever I’m looking at for later deep-reading. Anyway, maybe there’s a diigo button too, I’ll have to investigate that today!

2. Julia June 15, 2014 at 9:20 pm |

If only folks I work with could understand this:

“A common (mis)perspective is that moving instruction online is primarily about designing and sequencing the content. This is wrong. Rich content is already out there. Changes on the web in the last decade – toward a more open, social and interconnected space – have necessitated the rethinking of what it means to teach and learn online. eLearning is not about content…it is about connecting people”

discussion just this past Friday at work left me whipped over this concept…the entire focus was on content development and people connection didn’t even get to be an afterthought. eLearning can’t just be the new model in a better color of the old vehicle…it’s a new vehicle