1. Ken Allan September 20, 2008 at 8:51 pm |

Kia ora Britt!

I’m not a Twitter follower – never tried it. Perhaps I should. Tell you what though – I think the picture of the g-pigs is awesome. So do my daughters!

Ka kite
    from Middle-earth

2. Gabriela September 21, 2008 at 3:00 pm |

I usually blocks this type of users for an elementary reason (maybe it sounds selfish): Where do they find the time to follow all these 1700 people?
    I am not sure about the quality of that person’s tweets to my PLE.

3. Rob September 23, 2008 at 12:29 pm |

Im liking that picture very much!
    I used to have a guinea pig by it passed away.

4. Scott Klososky September 24, 2008 at 7:44 am |

Britt, I am the guy that writes half the content of Technology Story and Todd is a person that shares ideas and thoughts with me. It is interesting to me that you are doing the math on your ideas – trying to gauge whether a relationship is equal in value. If it makes you feel better, we are a generator of ideas in technology story, not merely a repeater of ideas. The odds that any of us would carp one of your idea is very low, but I suppose it could happen. I tend not to measure my idea exchange with people in ways that lead to a measurement of value. I simply share my ideas, and hope that I help humanity in some small way. And for that, we get $100 a year from the many people that appreciate those ideas…

5. Todd Gilmore September 27, 2008 at 8:53 am |

I am the person you so passionately speak about. That is cool. I am a new twitter user and I don’t subscribe to your philosophy nor do I believe out of billions of twitter users that I am out to get your few contacts. I do however, love the wonderful world of twitter and WILL continue to play with the stream dynamics. If you don’t want people following you, then you need to click the privacy options ;). There are many misconceptions of tools and who people are and speculation is not usually the answer. I do have all day to chat about it though so I would be more than happy to discuss any of it in email, but I have not ever received an email from you. Instead, you speculate and to be honest, I have looked at thousands of twitter sites. I do not mess with people who have privacy checked. I have received tons of comments and I AM an experienced user in virtual worlds. This is what I do. I have time to passionately talk about things and people, and learn a great deal. I actually think what you say here is wrong and part of the problem people have about trying to protect themselves behind brick walls. I have marked your page and will read everything on your entire page. I highly doubt that you will ever know who I am. It is odd to me that you say you are an online learner and the only way to learn, is to meet people. Better check your own resume.