Bio and CV

My name is Britt Watwood and I retired January 2016 from Northeastern University’s Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning Through Research, or CATLR. I joined CATLR in Fall 2014, having spent the previous 8 years as a member of the VCU Center for Teaching Excellence. For the past decade, I worked with faculty interested in digitally enhancing their teaching. I am passionate about online instruction and bring to my teaching and consulting twenty-two years of online teaching experience. My current research interests lie in the areas of online teaching practice and best uses of technology for teaching. I use my courses as a test bed for online instructional practices. At the graduate level, I have taught courses in organizational behavior, quality management, community college leadership, and educational technology. At the undergraduate level, I taught numerous business management courses.

My education doctorate is from University of Nebraska, while my education masters degree is from Old Dominion University. My bachelor degree is from the U.S. Naval Academy, and I retired from the Navy as a Commander after 22 years of service.

Download my CV here

DISCLAIMER: I am a product of my personal learning network and my thoughts are impacted by the many people locally and virtually with whom I have contact. However, the views expressed here in this blog are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of the institutions in which I teach.

Having “disclaimed,” let me add that blogging is more a conversation than mere reflection, and I enjoy receiving and replying to comments to this blog. As one of my mentors, Michele Martin noted, blogs work best when commenting occurs. As she also noted, we assume that we’re all grown-ups here, so any comments people leave should be reasonably civil and productive. I reserve the right to moderate or remove comments if there’s a problem, although I’m pleased to say that there’s never been an issue so far!

Take the time to get to know me through my blog, and please give me feedback on what you find!

Previous Visitors

Previous Visitors

3 comments to Bio and CV

1. Hi Britt, welcome to the blogging world.

2. susan says:

Hello Britt,
    I saw your comment on Sue Water’s blog and wanted to say hello from Fredericksburg. I did my M.Ed at VCU about 7 or 8 years ago. I look forward to reading your blog.

3. Sharon says:

Hi Britt!
    You’re my hero! I’ve enjoyed reading your blog–it reminds me of how much I miss being a part of your teaching and learning team. I’ll check in from time to time…
    Best,
    SL in Georgia