1. Gabriela September 24, 2008 at 9:17 pm |

Hi Britt!

being across the ocean I have to say it’s worth for all teachers being connected. Connections on a global level made me to want to be a better teacher.

More, I received a valuable help from A-list educators (otherwise I never dreamed it would be possible) for my personal development.

And I’m definitely one of the teachers that can’t handle with today sea of information. But I am an optimistic human being and I hope every teacher who spent more than 25 min. with a Gmail account (this is so frequent here in Romania) will understand the importance of an XXI’s century education.

2. drapestakes September 25, 2008 at 3:01 pm |

I think Gabriela has summarized my feelings well:

> And I’m definitely one of the teachers that can’t handle with today sea of information. But I am an optimistic human being and I hope every teacher who spent more than 25 min. with a Gmail account (this is so frequent here in Romania) will understand the importance of an XXI’s century education.

It’s always nice to see that we’re all in the same boat together.

3. Ken Allan September 29, 2008 at 8:43 pm |

Kia ora Britt!

We are living in fantasy times. Now more than ever!

Obe-Wan Kenobi has been and gone. But his like have left a legacy of a belief in super-human power that can be tapped by bringers of peace, skills and knowledge.

Today’s technology touches the Obe-Wan of last century. It brings a belief that, perhaps, teachers may be able to invoke, through their position, the ‘Power of the Force’ through technology.

Some, like celebrated Olympic athletes, actually manage to achieve a semblance of this in their careers. They are the heroes, who not only can tap ‘the Force’ but can also ward off the vagaries of the Tusken Raiders.

Not all teachers have the gift, however, and have to impress, as C-3PO attempted, sometimes with faltering success.

Ka kite
    from Middle-earth