1. Bud Deihl April 21, 2009 at 8:19 pm |

I appreciate the positive attitude and example set by the words and actions of “I’ll find out”. I was in attendance during the Brown Bag session you mentioned and there was excitement in the air. Faculty did project the “I’ll find out” attitude, and were willing to take risks in the process. In some cases, they “found out” that one or more approaches did not work well with the students. They learned from the experiment and they adjusted. Their attitude; both in trying new strategies and in modeling for their students really set the tone for success and sent the message that sometimes we all learn from less than stellar results.

As we move forward to introduce faculty to teaching and learning in a network world, we will share our experiences and the development of our own views over time. We will try to provide examples in our own practices which demonstrate how these add value to our learning and teaching. Hopefully, we will encourage others to take a few risks and find themselves saying, “I’ll find out.”

2. Gardner April 23, 2009 at 10:32 pm |

A magnificent post, Britt. It resonates on many levels, it’s beautifully written, and I’m going to take it right to heart.

Thanks very much for posting these thoughts and sharing your own life-long learning with the world.