1. Antoine RJ Wright December 9, 2010 at 2:15 pm |

Not sure if my previous comment made it as I was having connectivity issues – and even still I wanted to come back and just high-five this piece. Not so much for the excellent writing, but the feeling that’s here and very disruptive in saying that “tech has changed, new learners have adapted, and things can’t go back as they were.” In my space, I’ve lived with such an ideal long enough now that there are aspects of learning, living, and computing that are painful if I have to go back (such as using a desktop/laptop vs a mobile for commenting) – and yet I realize that such living is only a part of the puzzle. Tech is part of the answer, behavior transformations (revaluing learning and living with one another) is the other part. How we can answer that might be in the tech, but is also in contextually relating to one another beyond the bits and bytes.

2. justin December 10, 2010 at 12:16 pm |

Britt, this is a great book report. You are still, as always , on the cutting edge. Bilton’s talk on PopTech is a recurring bit of media in my art classes.

My first semester at Whitman was very enlightening. It’s a wonderful place and I finally have time to do my research. Next semester I will be co-facilitating a multi-disciplinary group on Computational thinking.

I only have 2 classes next semester, so there should be time to stay in touch.

3. walkertm4 December 12, 2010 at 1:15 pm |

Hello sir, I just read the first part of your blog and it was so in tune with what we have been blogging about in class lately.

I loved to hear about a real live application of the inter-connectedness of technology. You were able to read your book on the various devices.

That is the way technology will be in the classrooms of the future. It will cater to the inividual learning styles of its students. It is teachers like you (and hopefully some of us) that will be there to guide them.

4. Noemi December 12, 2010 at 8:57 pm |

I really enjoy reading your post sir, and I have been thinking on getting myself an electronic reader, but with all the details you have mentioned in your blog, I am more attempted to do it and why not to say jump into what we have been talking about during this semester, as many of us have mentioned technology is here to stay so why not to start using it and learning by it. Next time I see that symbol you mentioned I will use my phone to find out what it takes me too.