1. Laurie Niestrath February 15, 2018 at 2:41 pm |

What you’ve described in your blog would make for a very interesting conversation for students of adult learning, particularly that of Organizational Learning and Culture. The ability to move from the espoused theory of ‘being teal” to how to place “being teal” into action is one that sparks curiosity on my part.

It would certainly be interesting to observe such an organization in real-time-one where deliberate learning, discussion, and change as exemplified by leadership occurs.

Do you have a professional experience where the “teal” zone was at least considered? An aside-my first thought when I saw the title of this blog was that “teal” is the one color that all skin tones can wear with success. Interesting use to describe this stage of organizational practice.

2. Jeff Nugent February 17, 2018 at 7:20 am |

Thanks for this, Britt. I liked the graphics you included from Laloux’s text and was thinking they might serve as an interesting activity to get folks in any organization to reflect on where they see the org and their place in it. Identifying areas where you could begin to make some changes that arc toward being more “Teal” and then articulate the reasons why such changes would be beneficial.

All said, lots of inertia to overcome moving from “command and control” to “self-organizing” teams…good stuff to think about here.

And completely unrelated, but perhaps somehow oddly connected, the anti-spam word I needed to type was “hippie ho”…it felt like “welcome back.”