1. Mark Dwyer September 11, 2008 at 6:48 am |

Now, after only being two weeks deep into my experience with Web 2.0 – I have to classify the journey, as a roller-coaster ride. So many ups and downs in such a short period of time. Who ever would have thought that such tools existed? Initially, learning to use the Web in this manner was overwhelming, but I already see it paying dividends and I know that I am only scratching the surface. At first, I felt as though I was against the current – but now … I see a calm in the water – momentum is picking up.

Mark Dwyer
    (A member of the Swim Team)

2. Keven Jones September 11, 2008 at 8:04 am |

As the saying goes, “the proof of the pudding is in the eating”. The web allows teachers to adjust to the different learning styles in the classroom. Teachers can also set their own pace of teaching. Individual teaching techniques can become more available, which has been proven to be a factor in student achievement. This class has opened my eyes to the “miracles” of the internet.

I have to say that this course has really given me the drive to utilize the many ways to benefit from the internet. A month ago, I would never have thought that there are so many ways to use the World Wide Web to my benefit.

To say I am impressed would be an understatement.

Keven Jones

3. ROSA ROMERO September 11, 2008 at 9:13 am |

“Net Generation” wow!! I am now very impressed to realize we have the opportunity to reach this generation. It is a challenging experience where all our old learned teaching methods are questioned. As teachers we need to re-think and re- organized our teaching methods to be able to reach these students appropiately. I feel so lucky to be a witness of this change that will definately change the teaching path, so we have the opportunity to be NET TEACHERS!!

Let’s have some fun to enjoy this challenge!!

Todos adelante!!!

4. Francis Baki September 11, 2008 at 8:29 pm |

I guess I am one of those who feel like I was thrown in the pool( Web) and is so over whelmed by the vast information there is on the web. There are so much great stuff that I can use from the web, but I guess my challenge is finding the time to be on the web. I feel like I need 48hrs in a day to really grasp and accomplish what I need to do. But thanks for all the phone calls and emails, you guys sure helped along the way.

Mark, I am glad you are seeing the calm water, I don’t see that yet, but I do believe I will soon. Since I am a Segugio Italiano dog, I am tough, wilful and brave. So I will keep moving along.

The benefits to the web are endless and will be very rewarding for me and my students. From the little that I have tasted of the web so far in this course, I am thrilled to know that there are so much to use and learn. So lets keep diving into the web.

5. Shevaun Powell September 14, 2008 at 11:41 am |

I can admit that I was indeed thrown into the pool and initially it was an overwhelming and rather terrifying experience. There were just too may “strokes” to learn!! I have not yet mastered the art of swimming, but I will certainly not be drowning, at least, not while Dr. Watwood is the lifeguard on duty.
    This class has truly been an eye opener for me. I have never before explored the myriad of possibilities of the World Wide Web. Prior to this class, I basically used the net to surf for information and send Instant Messages to my friends and family back home. Little did I know that there is way more to it than just that. I am now “testing” the waters with scaffold from my professor and classmates, and I must say that I am absolutely loving it! I am not only learning how to use Web 2.0 to my personal advantage and to enhance my social networking, but also as an effective instructional tool in my classroom.
    Although I am by no means a master swimmer like Phelps, I am no longer afraid to dive in and I am definitely keeping my head above the waters, trying hard to stay at least a stroke ahead of my rivals…my students. It can be a shocking reality to note that our students are more technologically inclined than us. Therefore, as teachers we need to “get with the program”!

Shevaun Powell